Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Bear season

My sister spotted a bear near her house today so I hung as many of my feeders as high as I could. I imagine a visit is imminent.  I had a little help today (thanks, Mac) working on making the feeders so I don't have to worry about bees getting into them when it rains. They need to be bear-proof, ant-proof, and bee-proof. Hope I have it covered (no pun intended). I had tried covers before but had them hanging. The wind took full advantage to wreak havoc. Now the covers are bolted on to where the wind can't move them. It was Mac's idea, and I do not know why I hadn't thought of it before. I must have assumed it wasn't doable. Silly me. It isn't on that one flimsy stand, but at least I should have less rainwater getting into the other feeders now. Eventually I hope to replace that flimsy stand. Mac made me that stand in the foreground (#3).


We went to Lajitas today, but I only saw one species of dragonfly that I couldn't have seen if I had stayed at CMO. And it was a Four-spotted Pennant, which I've seen a lifetime supply of already.

My sister and I walked a ways on my South Saddle Trail and saw these lovely deer. We were looking for Havard Plum, which I know is there, but we couldn't find it.


Other than that, not much going on. I managed to totally wear myself out anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment