Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Just another day in paradise


I sat near the verbena patch today marveling at the beauty of Pipevine Swallowtails flitting over it. Way too fast for my camera but still just watching it was magical. They are so florescent at times.

While I was thus engaged, an equally florescent male Lucifer Hummingbird nectared on some Havard Penstemmon that had also sprung up in the verbena patch. Even knowing I couldn't possibly get a good photo of the action, I snapped away.  No one could resist that temptation.






































So many real photographers visit the oasis and get awesome photos but sometimes it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. They usually can't spend enough time here for that to happen, and with me, I have the opportunities but not the expertise. If I was younger I'd invest in better equipment and take classes, but it's just not feasible at this point in my life. My sinus infection isn't getting better, maybe even getting worse. So first chance I get I'm going to go back to the doctor.

Daily birders and a fair number of migrants. Got a shot at this Nashville Warbler someone pointed out to me. I didn't have any expectations on this shot since I was looking into the sun, so it did not disappoint.😕


Two years ago I took cuttings from a pomegranate tree in my son's Alpine yard. (See post of Jan. 17, 2015.) Finally had my first pomegranate bloom today. Quite a thrill, but my trees are still tiny. Like 2 ' to 3' tall.


UPDATE: Got a late evening thunderstorm with a small rain shower interspersed with a bit of hail.



No comments:

Post a Comment