Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Bad cabin fever

Stuck indoors in this cold weather. Going bananas here. But just think, by next month I'll be stressing because things will be leafing out too soon at the oasis and I'll be watching for early Lucifers. Just got to survive until then.

Meanwhile, my daughter (Dripping Springs) is expanding her boutique and sent me this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWyDNeAuxQ

And my son (Austin) has moved from a rented place to his own place, which was a humongous task. He does his business from home, so it's a big ordeal moving his equipment and getting it set up in the garage. He's still working on it, but I'm so glad he won't be paying rent anymore.


He's made so much progress since his divorce six years or so ago when he ended up with no place to live and lots of debt. It's been a lot of back-breaking work and no time off except his recent wedding. He had his kids at a later age than most people so he's still strapped with child support too. But I see light at the end of the tunnel.


I want to get a new refrigerator for my guest house but have to wait until I can get someone to do the heavy work for me. Soon I hope. I'm going to try to get my Alpine son to do it but he's always snowed under with the running of his businesses here.

Back to my crosswords.....

2 comments:

  1. Well, now you know how I feel living here in Sweden, even in summertime. Cold or cool with ongoing damp and rainy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to keep that in mind whenever I start feeling sorry for myself. Thanks for the perspective.

      Delete